LAND RECORDS & ACQUISITION
- To establish ownership documents of the land and keep a record of all the
- Wherever land records are not available, to liaise with the authorities to
create the land ownership documents.
- Wherever land is required to be acquired by AAI to liaison with the State
Governments and take follow up action for getting it registered in the name of
AAI and taking over possession of the said land.
PREVENTION / REMOVAL OF ENCROACHMENT / SETTLING OF LOCAL DISPUTES
- Shall monitor the entire land which is vested with the Airports Authority
- Shall assess the encroachment that exist historically on AAI land.
- Shall define the said areas and initiate a dialogue with the State
Governments for the removal / rehabilitation of the said encroachments and take
all follow up actions where necessary.
- Shall take adequate steps to prevent any encroachments that may take place
on AAI land with the help of a suitable protection force.
- Shall take follow up action in consultation with the Department of Law
where ownership documents have been disputed or land acquisition process has
been challenged and the parties have taken recourse to legal action.
COMMERCIAL UTILIZATION OF LAND
- Shall formulate and implement Land Lease Policy.
- Shall prepare proposals for commercial utilization of land.
- Shall take follow up actions for lease of land to various parties in the
operational area as well as the non-operational area whether by direct
allotment or by call of tenders.
- Shall monitor leases and take follow up action.
- Shall take follow up action for recovery of dues wherever necessary.
- Shall monitor taxation of property and payment of taxes, if any, to State
- Shall prepare by-laws for lease / licence of land and construction thereof
keeping in view the Master Plan of the Airports / Aeronautical Stations.
Last updated on: 27th November 2013