AIRPORTS AUTHORITY OF INDIA
CHENNAI AIRPORT PROJECT: CHENNAI -27
CIVIL DIVISION – IV
1. Sealed tenders are invited by the Sr. Manager (Engg-C)-IV, AAI, Chennai
Airport Project Chennai 600 027 on behalf of Chairman, AAI from AAI empanelled
agencies having completed similar nature of work for the work of “Extension of
Secondary Runway 12 beginning excluding bridge portion, taxi Track
and additional parking bays at Chennai Airport, Chennai. SH:
Soil Investigation” with an estimated cost of Rs.12.00 lakhs
(approx.). Time allowed for completion of work is 02 (two)
months. Tenders will be issued upto 28.12.2007, received till
07.01.2008 upto 1500 hrs and opened on the same day at 1530 hrs.
The scope of work covers Plate load test, Bore hole, details for classification
of Soil, SBC, CBR test etc.,
2. Tender forms will be issued to the those consultant who produces
certificate from clients of having satisfactorily completed (Phase / part
completion of scope of work in a contract shall not be considered)
similar work of at least three works, each costing Rs. 4.80 lakhs or two
works, each costing Rs. 6.00 lakhs or one work costing Rs. 9.60 lakhs of
similar nature of work during the last seven years ending on 30.11.2007 (Firms
producing experience certificate from Non Government / Non PSU organizations
should submit “Tax Deduction at Source Certificate” in support of their claim
for having experience of stipulated value of works) and produce proof of
annualized average financial turnover of Rs. 3.60 lakhs during the last three
years ending 31st March of previous financial year. The firm
should possess necessary infrastructure and expertise for undertaking the
3. Application for issue of tender document shall be submitted in the Office
of the undersigned upto 24.12.2007 on all working days along with
tender fee of Rs. 563/- (Non refundable) in the form of Demand Draft
drawn in favour of AAI, Chennai Airport Project payable at Chennai. The
application shall be supported with self attested copies of valid registration,
Permanent Account Number (PAN) and client certificate for experience indicating
date of completion as per agreement and actual date of completion of
work. The financial turnover should be supported with annual report
(abridged balance sheet and Profit & loss account).
4. AAI reserves the right to accept or reject any or all applications
without assigning any reason.
5. AAI reserves the right to disallow issue of tender document to working
agencies whose performance at on going project(s) is below par and unusually
6. The tender documents shall not be sent by Post / Fax.
7. Original documents shall be submitted along with the application for
8. The format enclosed as Annexure –I to this NIT, should be filled up and
submitted alongwith the application for issue of tender documents.
9. Earnest money amounting to Rs. 24,000/- in the form of Demand Draft from
any nationalized / Scheduled banks drawn in favour of AAI, Chennai Airport
Project payable at Chennai shall be submitted alongwith the tender.
10. No single firm shall be permitted to submit two separate application, as
individual as well as in joint venture / consortium or under two joint venture
firms / consortium.
Sr. Manager (Engg-C)-IV
AAI, ChennaiAirport Project,
Chennai – 600 027
Phone : 044- 2256 4521 / 0652